Fire chief: No injuries in Avondale business fire | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- The Birmingham Fire Department has put out a fire that started at an Avondale commercial business.
The blaze broke out Tuesday afternoon at All Star Recycling, located in the 4300 block of Powell Avenue and 43rd Street. The business buys junk cars, copper and other materials for recycling.
Firefighters say that a torch used by workers to chop up the junk cars caused the fire. No one was hurt and none of the business' structures were damaged.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.